Kalevala bone-setting is an effective method for treating and preventing musculoskeletal disorders based on the Finnish traditional treatment method, as well as general rules relating to anatomy and physiology.
The idea behind the treatment is that the person is a structural and functional whole and should also be treated holistically.
At the beginning of the treatment, the bone-setter tries to unravel the cause of discomfort or pain and analyze the causes of body imbalance. The support structures are then put in place by soft handling, taking advantage of their natural mobility and the human body. Kalevala bone-setting is performed without pinching or sudden movements.
Mobilization causes an improvement in the mobility of the joints, muscles and connective tissues. The tissue fluid and blood circulation are improved, and the nerves are freed from possible pinching conditions.
The effects on metabolism and the nervous system reflect an improvement in functional capacity and quality of life.
Kalevala bone-setting has yielded good results, for example:
* In conditions which cause lower limb pain: correcting incorrect positions of the feet, ankles, knees and hips.
* Improving conditions associated with lower back pain, such as sciatica and SI-joint misalignments.
* In conditions which cause upper back pain: in the treatment of misaligned vertebrae and the problems caused by them.
* For shoulder and neck pain: in the treatment of headache, dizziness and migraine.
* In conditions which cause upper limb pain: in the treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow and shoulder pain.
* Problems in head area: issues with bruxism (clenching teeth), tension headaches and vision problems.